Do you have to jiggle your laptop power jack connector to get it to charge? Does the connector feel loose when you plug it in?
Sounds like you need to have your laptop power jack repaired or replaced.
Like any other computer component, laptop power jacks can fail with age. However, laptop power jacks are also prone to break and there are a number of ways your laptop power jack could have also sustained damage. Dropping your laptop or tripping over the extension cord while it’s plugged in are the most common causes for laptop power jack damage.
Signs You Have a Broken Laptop Power Jack
Not sure if you’re in need of laptop power jack repair? There’s a good chance it is if:
- Your laptop battery does not charge or power on when it’s plugged in.
- You have to jiggle your laptop adapter connector to get it to start charging.
- The power adapter connection feels loose when you plug it in.
- The power/charging light flickers, indicating that your laptop is having trouble charging.
- The power jack appears to have damage (example: it’s bent or the pin is broken).
If you’re experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, then it’s highly likely that your laptop power jack will need to be repaired or replaced soon.
It’s important not to hold off on laptop power jack repairs for too long since it can ultimately cause more damage to the point where you have to replace your entire motherboard.
Get Quick Laptop Power Jack Repair in San Diego
San Diego Computer Consultants offers laptop power jack repair & replacement services for virtually any laptop brand and/or model, including Dell, Acer, ASUS, HP, Sony, Toshiba, and others.