Did you accidentally knock over your glass of water, causing the liquid to spill all over your laptop? Or perhaps you were feeling that wine a little too much and next thing you knew, your laptop was covered with it?
Don’t panic! Laptop liquid damage repair is one of the many laptop repair services we offer at San Diego Computer Consultants.
Laptop liquid damage is something we deal with often, and we have a very high success rate repairing laptops that have experienced some type of water / liquid damage. It doesn’t matter if it’s water, soda, juice, coffee, or wine that was spilled – we know exactly what to do to restore your laptop to its pre-spill condition.
Steps to Take When Your Laptop Suffers Liquid Damage
Did you spill liquid on your laptop? It doesn’t matter if its water, soda, juice, or even wine – the moment liquid hits your laptop, you need to spring into action and take the necessary steps to minimize the amount of damage done.
Here’s what you should do if you spill liquid on your laptop:
- Turn off your laptop by holding down the power button. Liquid is a great conductor of electricity, so you don’t want your laptop staying on longer than necessary. Forcing your laptop to shutdown versus using the standard shutdown process (Start -> Shut Down) is recommended to minimize the amount of damage done.
- Unplug your laptop’s power adapter or any other peripherals. This includes external hard-drives, computer mouse, etc.
- Carefully flip the laptop upside down with the lid open. Gravity will pull the liquid away from all of the sensitive components inside your laptop. Let it sit upside down for a while to allow the water/soda/tea/fluids to drain.
- Remove the laptop battery.Do this carefully while the laptop is upside down.
- Wipe up what you can. Use paper towels or toilet paper to soak up what liquid you can. Try to slip the paper towel between the keys to catch any liquid that may be lingering behind them. Do NOT use a blow-dryer to try and dry out your laptop as it can actually do more harm than good.
- Call us (619) 640-6444 or bring your laptop in-store for liquid damage repair. We have a very high success rate with laptop liquid damage repair. We will disassemble your laptop, remove any trace of the liquid spill & verify everything is in working order before returning it back to you.
Important Tip: Do NOT try powering your laptop back on until it has dried completely and you have cleaned out all of the residue from the spill. You will need to open your laptop and clean it out yourself if you do not plan on taking it to a professional.
Plan on Coming to Us for Laptop Liquid Damage Repair?
No appointment is necessary for laptop liquid damage repair service. Just make sure you bring the following items when you drop off your machine for repairs:
- Power adapter