When you bring your computer to San Diego Computer Consultants’ for malware removal, we will rid your computer of any and all security threats from your system, including spyware.
What is spyware?
Spyware is an intrusive form of malware that collect personal information on the end-user without their knowledge. It is often associated with adware or tracking software, which uses the collected data to display advertisements based on the user’s activity.
What can spyware do?
Monitoring web activity and capturing personal data is the general purpose, but spyware can also slow down your computer or change your browser’s home page.
There are many different spyware variants out there and functionality may vary.
How does spyware get on my computer?
Spyware typically infects a computer by piggybacking on freeware software that the user installs on their computer. The spyware often slips through when users click through the installation wizard dialog boxes without reading them first.
How can I remove spyware from my computer?
Spyware removal services are available in-store at San Diego Computer Consultants, so bring your computer in for repair if you believe it is infected with spyware (or any other type of malware).
Our spyware removal services include:
- Computer diagnostics to verify that it is infected with spyware.
- Remove the spyware from your computer.
- Computer registry cleaning & restoration, if applicable. (Some spyware may modify the system registry.)
- Update the operating system by installing important Windows updates.
- Clean-up of unnecessary files (ex: temporary files, recycle bin, etc.).
- Recommendations on antivirus software that can help protect your computer from spyware in the future.